JOLIET, IL – Plant Manager
Superior Health Linens is a nationally accredited laundry that specializes in servicing the linen needs of local hospitals, clinics, and nursing homes throughout the Mid-West. We strive for excellence by promoting a positive work atmosphere, encouraging teamwork, great communication, ongoing training, and challenging our employees to meet the highest industry standards.
Job Skills / Requirements
We are looking for a Plant Manager to build a good image of the company, achieve company performance goals, work and train Production Supervisors, develop programs to keep cost in line, maintain quality of linen, control production costs, meet inventory cost initiatives, ensure safety of the employees, and achieve employee turnover goals at both of our Joliet, Illinois sites.
- Provide training and follow-up on department personnel to see that they are performing their jobs in accordance with their job descriptions. Provide daily/weekly coaching to improve supervisor effectiveness.
- Work with HR Department to determine hiring, training, and employee improvement needs.
- Assume the responsibility for the Production Supervisors in their absence.
- Establish and approve personal vacation and support Production Supervisors in implementing schedules
- Support goals for Supervisors in consultation with VP of Operations and Director of Plant Operations
- Insure through Supervisors that employees are properly introduced to the Company Objectives, Company Policies, Right-to-Know and Blood Borne Pathogens Standards. Be sure each NEW employee receives the proper training.
- Recommend and support employee's incentive programs that enhance production and reduce productive labor percentage.
- Review production and goal performance record with the Supervisors routinely throughout the week.
- See that production standards are established wherever practical, for each job in the plant. Measure performance against these standards on a daily basis.
- Confer with the sales, service, and office staff concerning production schedules, quality and customer concerns. Take corrective action as a result of customer surveys as necessary.
- Notify and work with Maintenance Manager on needed repairs on all equipment in production and soil sort while maintaining written request and follow up for equipment repairs.
- Insure that all customers 'call ins' (whether for concerns or service requests) receive a prompt and satisfactory response.
- Keep professionally abreast of the industry by periodic visits to other plants, industry meetings and other pertinent exposure.
Certification Requirements (Any)
- Management Skills- Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively train others.
- Accountability- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Communication, Oral- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written- Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Conflict Resolution- Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
- Training- Ability to develop a particular skill in others to bring them up to a predetermined standard of work performance.
- Must be a High School Graduate
- Must be adept in using computer programs to attain reports, create spreadsheets.
- Must have Minimum of one year of related experience
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, preferred.
- Possess computer skills in Excel, Word, and Microsoft Outlook
- Review and approve and process all Paychex entries.
- Critical Success Factors (Position)
- Learn and understand production standards for all current equipment.
- Know and understand staffing need by department.
- Review and comprehend weekly report, weekly plant labor report, and all Paychex functions.
- Ensure plant is organized, clean, safe & efficient daily.
- Understand and follow Quality Control Program.
- Provide leadership, accountability, & daily coaching to Supervisors.
- Critical Success Factors (Company)
- Competitive Price
- Low Cost Producer
- Collect all L&D Charges
- Maintain Competitive Advantages
- Customer Retention
- Customer Relations
- Service Effectiveness (Right Product at the Right Time)
Additional Information / Benefits
Salary: $65,000.00 to $75,000.00/year
Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability and 401K Plan