JOLIET, IL – Transportation Manager (Transportation)
Superior Health Linens is a nationally accredited laundry that specializes in servicing the linen needs of local hospitals, clinics, and nursing homes throughout the Mid-West. We strive for excellence by promoting a positive work atmosphere, encouraging teamwork, great communication, ongoing training, and challenging our employees to meet the highest industry standards.
Job Skills / Requirements
The Transportation Manager is primarily responsible for the execution of the daily operating plan and transportation processes including distribution.
Required Skills and Experience:
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years related management experience with previous experience in operations and transportation.
- Be accountable for issue resolution and general customer satisfaction.
- Highly organized, detail orientated and capable of multi-tasking.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office Suites.
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
Healthcare Linen Distribution experience
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Directly and indirectly supervise the transportation staff and drivers.
- Analyze expenditures and other financial information to develop plans, policies, or budgets for increasing profits or improving services.
- Manage operations policies and standards, including safety procedures for the handling of linen.
- Collaborate with other managers or staff members to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals, or objectives.
- Promote safe work activities by conducting safety audits, attending company safety meetings, or meeting with individual staff members.
- Direct investigations of all accidents, and recommends corrective actions.
- Ensures compliance with transportation related administrative policies, procedures, safety rules, and governmental regulations.
- A thorough understanding of DOT regulations, promote safety initiatives, the ability to implement change, and perform.
- Act as a mentor for all department employees and foster a positive work environment.
Certification Requirements (Any)
Need to have computer experience
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Educational Assistance
Screening Requirements: Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check
This job reports to Chris Silliman
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1