WHY ACCREDITATION FROM HLAC IS IMPORTANT TO US
The Healthcare Laundry Accreditation Council (HLAC) is a nonprofit organization that inspects and accredits laundries that process reusable textiles for hospitals, nursing homes and other healthcare facilities.
- With HLAC accreditation, a laundry becomes part of the safety solution in healthcare’s ever-urgent effort to protect patients through the prevention of infections.
- HLAC Accreditation Standards are patient-safety focused and have been developed based on federal regulations and guidelines as well as best industry practices.
- This safety affinity makes for a firm and fast connection with a healthcare customer, as in: “We share the same goals.” Laundries without HLAC accreditation come up short in this very important way of comparison.
- Patient safety and quality improvement are inherently linked. The one does not exist without the other.
- Meeting and maintaining HLAC Accreditation Standards means a laundry has voluntarily committed to a new level of excellence in the way it processes healthcare textiles.
- The HLAC-accredited laundry is built right, equipped properly and staffed with qualified and trained personnel for processing product, interacting with customers and vendors and maintaining operations in a clean and aseptic manner.
- To its healthcare customer, a laundry with HLAC accreditation possesses a kind of credibility that is instantly recognizable and highly attractive. It’s like a dividend, an advantage or benefit validating for the customer the laundry’s expertise, believability, dependability, reliability and soundness.
- The principal benefit to healthcare customers is the knowledge and confidence that their textile provider is meeting the highest standards for processing healthcare textiles in the industry, including strict adherence to federal government regulations and guidelines.
- The customer can expect a consistent and smooth flow of clean textiles; and, ultimately, the knowledge of safety for their employees and the end user – the patient.
- Knowledge is the added asset of the HLAC-accredited laundry where education is routine, and everyone wins as a result – the industry, the laundry organization, the personnel who work there, the healthcare customer and ultimately the healthcare patient.
- In all of HLAC’s standards, knowledge is pervasive and one will find among these standards only the industry’s best and most current practices; continuous learning and training of laundry personnel are the order of the day.
- And it doesn’t end there as the HLAC Continuing Education Series offers ongoing instructional information for adding value.
- All of the benefits of HLAC accreditation, when combined, give a laundry a genuine advantage over its competitors.
- It is an edge that enables the laundry to crystallize and communicate those specific qualities that make it different from everyone else in the marketplace.
- Because of your accreditation, you can tell clients you share their patient safety goals, that you’ve raised the bar on how a laundry should process healthcare textiles, that they can have confidence in your highest of standards, and that your practices are the industry’s best and most current available.
OTHER NATIONAL ACCREDITATIONS:
Association for Linen Management (ALM): Healthcare Linen Services Group is a member of the Association for Linen Management (ALM) – a non-profit trade association dedicated to the professional development of personnel involved in the textile care industry.
ALM Certified Laundry and Linen Manager (CLLM) Certification Program: Many of HLSG's managerial personnel maintain a Certified Laundry and Linen Manager (CLLM) Certification. The CLLM certification is nationally recognized and provides our staff along with our customers the latest laundry industry and textile trends and best practices.